"getblocktemplate moves block creation to the miner, while giving pools a way to set down the rules for participation. While pools can do just as much as they could before by expressing it in these rules, miners can not be kept in the dark and are enabled to freely choose what they participate in mining. This improves the security of the Bitcoin network by making blocks decentralized again."A risk that is difficult to assess is whether the large mining pools validate coinbase tx content included by miners in their pool.
In September I witnessed a lot of double-spending against BetCoin Dice. It happened between 25th and 27th Sept.Ok smarties: Any other thoughts/theories/criticisms to these hypotheses? Post below if you're considering changing pools now.
The mechanism was simple: send betcoin a tx with 0 fee, then wait for a result tx, if your bet is a win, then confirm your tx, otherwise double-spend it.
This address is interesting, because it contains 6000 BTC and ~30% of funds come from ghash.io mining address. https://blockchain.info/taint/199kVcHrLdouz9k9iW3jh1kpL7j9nLg7pn
- Here I'll give you a bunch of transactions which you can examine. Note this is a chain of transactions, so just click on outputs to see. https://blockchain.info/tx/4d731074447f02609c3110a187f9c6976f2bf255288ec5666ee270f09679619d https://blockchain.info/tx/e0b44f68441ea0bad0f7694f735f496ce05238862534c6fea737b8903921185a The double-spending of losing bets was performed by someone mining to https://blockchain.info/address/1MA7CKbWMyKdPkmsbnwmfeLh1hYy5A3gy8 , you can check it yourself.
- I tracked coins down to the origin https://blockchain.info/tx/154ecb1eb72c933bc0707fa70deceb688361554ab81b901673d308aa84d9cfe9 The most interesting address here is 12PcHjajFJmDqz28yv4PEvBF4aJiFMuTFD It's been involved in similar actions, look at this chain of win-only tx's https://blockchain.info/tx/0c1a08d035862b01d075e8044b1e9ce52a8ad951b57d876a2a9a0e3502c41eb0 And the most interesting fact is that these zero-fee tx's inbetween winning ones were mined by ghash.io exclusively. Possibly this was a test attack.
- Going further, I found the address the earnings from attack were sent to: 12e8322A9YqPbGBzFU6zXqn7KuBEHrpAAv https://blockchain.info/tx/292e7354fbca1847f0cbdc87a7d62bc37e58e8b6fa773ef4846b959f28c42910 And then part of these funds (125 BTC) was sent to ghash.io's mining address: https://blockchain.info/tx/48168cf655d0ac0c7c2733288ca72e69ecd515a9a0ab2821087eb33deb7c6962
- Furthermore, I checked the funds mined to 1MA7CKbWMyKdPkmsbnwmfeLh1hYy5A3gy8 In these 2 succeeding tx's they were moved to 199kVcHrLdouz9k9iW3jh1kpL7j9nLg7pn https://blockchain.info/tx/e567ad6232de5285e0dc211d3f1c489b1e00e509118ba98a4825529d0a9197d9 https://blockchain.info/tx/faa7bc8b99376efa774045e79b42771fe668341b00290a61cd416992571c590d
- And the last thing to spot: GHash.io, being about 25% of network back then, didn't find a single block to its address between 25th and 27th of september! https://blockchain.info/address/1CjPR7Z5ZSyWk6WtXvSFgkptmpoi4UM9BC?offset=1350&filter=2
Slush's bitcoin mining pool. I would like the ability to generate and export a report in PDF or CSV format that lists all rewards generated within a specified period of time. Slush Pool , Bitcoin's first and oldest mining pool, announced support for AsicBoost today, March 6, 2018. Slush Pool users that have the technology. Bitcoin address format. Bitcoin address is an identifier (like account number), starting with 1, 3 or bc1 on the mainnet, containing 27-34 alphanumeric Latin characters and digits (except 0, O, I). Also set to Bitcoin Cash mainnet, bchtest for testnet and bchreg for bitcoin cash regtest. Bitcoin Mining - Slush Pool; Bitminter mining pool; Bitcoin.com Buy BTC & BCH News, prices, mining & wallet ; The Best Bitcoin Mining Pools For Making Money; Minershash; Bitcoin Mining Forums: Turning Computers Into Cash Since 2011. The official bitcoin mining forum / subreddit / chat room / place to be! Mining Bitcoin. Bitcoin mining is analogous to the mining of gold, but its digital form ... Innovating Bitcoin since 2013. Creators of the first bitcoin mining pool (Slush Pool), TREZOR, the #1 and most secure bitcoin wallet and Coinmap.org. Ready for Segregated Witness activation onBitcoin? Approximately on Thursday, August 24th, Segregated Witness (SegWit) will activate on the Bitcoin network. This is a hi
[index]          
This video will show you how to start bitcoin mining from home. It's very easy and "free" to do if you have a gaming PC. *****... DIY ant miner or bitcoin miner gui setup. Here is the antminer setup s9. Here is the antminer setup s9. Antminer S9 setup guide is a quick and seamless as I could make it, I hope you guys enjoy it. Bitcoin Miner Tutorial - SlushPool Dashboard Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Slushpool is the oldest bitcoin mining pool, and the first known to be publicly available. This tutorial will demonstrate worker setup on slushpool mining pool.